Application Type Bond 1 Part or 2 Part 1 Part Material Form Sheet Substrate Non-porous Manufacturer 3M Chemistry Acrylic, Synthetic resin Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Color White with linear pattern
Technical Data for 3M 3000X
- Adhesive - Bond
1 Part or 2 Part
- 1 Part or 2 Part - 1 Part
- Other - Sheet
- Non-Porous Substrates - Non-porous
- Other Transportation - High traffic zones with minimum surface obstruction
- Construction - Micro-cube corner Construction, flexible synthetic resin construction
- Other - Perform well with polarized light, Excellent bond to most clean, wax-free, dry, rela- tively non-porous, weather resistant surfaces., Can be hand or die-cut in shapes and sized to fit many applications., Provides the desired signal at longer distances with polarized and laser controllers.
- Other - Synthetic resin
- Other - Hand, Die-cut
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
- White - White with linear pattern
Application Temperature (°F) 50 to 100
General Bond Strength (psi) Excellent
Environmental Resistance Weather resistance Impact Resistance Impact resistance
Shelf Life Details 3000x sheeting should be stored in a cool, dry area, preferably at 65-75°F (18-24°C) and 30-50% relative humidity, and should be applied within one year after purchase. Do not allow sheeting or finished applications to become wet in shipment or storage. If they become wet, immediately unpack and air dry. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 149 to 167 Shelf Life (mon) 12
Not Good For
Don't Use For Not recommended for specification purpose, Retroreflective brightness varies with photo sensor geometry, retroreflector orientation and application.
Best Practices for 3M 3000X
Remove oil, grease and/or dirt from the application surface through a solvent wipe with toluol, xylol, lacquer thinner, mineral spirits or VM&p naptha. On lacquer surfaces, wipe with mineral spirits or hepthane. After solvent wiping, dry the surface with a clean dry rag.
The adhesive is protected by a liner which is removed at the time of application and the reflector is pressed into position.
Sheeting that requires cleaning after use should be flushed with water than washed with a mild detergent solution and soft bristle brush or sponge. Avoid pressure which may scratch the surface. Flush with water following washing. Do not use solvents to clean the sheeting surface.
Comparable Materials for 3M 3000X
Spec Engine® Results