Application Type Bond 1 Part or 2 Part 1 Part Material Form Damping Aluminum Foam Substrate Metal, plastic panels Manufacturer 3M Chemistry polyurethane foam Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Aging Resistance Excellent aging resistance Fatigue Resistance Excellent fatigue resistance Chemical Resistance Chemical resistance Key Specifications meets Federal Air Regulation Flammability Specifications F.A.R. Section 25.853, Paragraph B
Technical Data for 3M 4014
- Adhesive - Bond
1 Part or 2 Part
- 1 Part or 2 Part - 1 Part
- Foam - Damping Aluminum Foam
- Other - Reduce resonant noise, vibration and fatigue in metal, plastic panels and support structures., Almost anywhere plastic or metal contact with materials that can result in potentially damaging vibration
- Polyurethane - polyurethane foam
- Other - hand pressure
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
- UL (Underwriters Laboratory), ULC (Underwriters Laboratories of Canada), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) - meets Federal Air Regulation Flammability Specifications F.A.R. Section 25.853, Paragraph B
Aging Resistance Excellent aging resistance Fatigue Resistance Excellent fatigue resistance Chemical Resistance Chemical resistance Test Method Moisture/Humidity Resistance Excellent, Less than 0.2% weight gain (When conditioned at 150°F/67°C and 100% RH for one week).
Thermal Conductivity (W/m°K) 0.83
Best Practices for 3M 4014
Best results are obtained when applied at temperatures above 50°F (10°C) on a clean, dry surface (free of oil, wax, dust, rust, etc.) and the bond is continuous (void-free) throughout the interface between 3M damping aluminum foam sheet 4014 and the structure.
Clean metal surface of structure with appropriate solvent for removing any surface contaminants such as processing oils or waxes.
Note: When using solvents, be sure to extinguish ignitions sources and follow the manufacturer’s precautions and directions for use when handling such materials.
Wipe the clean surface of the structure to complete dryness with a clean, dry lint free cloth.
Note: Steps 1 and 2 should be repeated until the used drying cloth is clean (no more residue appears on the cloth after wiping).
Remove the protection liner.
Place one edge on the surface of the structure and press into place with finger pressure. Lower the rest of the foam piece into place while applying finger pressure on the bond line as it progresses across the surface of the structure. This method of application will minimize voids in the pressure sensitive bond.
Comparable Materials for 3M 4014
Spec Engine® Results
Questions about this material?
Get personal assistance with your specific application needs.