Application Type Adhesion, Masking, Sealing 1 Part or 2 Part 1 Part Material Form Tape Substrate Steel Industry General purpose holding indoors, Splicing, Seal in truck trailers, Seal in truck trailers, General purpose holding outdoors, Patch tears in truck trailers, Patch tears in truck trailers Manufacturer 3M Chemistry Acrylic Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Color Shiny silver High Temperature Resistance (°C) 149 Low Temperature Resistance (°C) -54 Key Specifications Meets requirements of F.A.R. 25.853(a); U.L. 723, Class “L” low flammability rating (File R 7311)
Technical Data for 3M 431
1 Part or 2 Part
- 1 Part or 2 Part - 1 Part
- Trucks - Seal in truck trailers, Patch tears in truck trailers
- Trailer - Patch tears in truck trailers, Seal in truck trailers
- General Purpose - General purpose holding indoors, General purpose holding outdoors
- Other - Holding, Many permanent sealing, Masking applications, Patching indoors, Patching outdoors, Sealing applications indoors, Sealing applications outdoors, Other outdoor equipment, Decorative
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
- Gray - Shiny silver
- UL (Underwriters Laboratory), ULC (Underwriters Laboratories of Canada), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) - Meets requirements of F.A.R. 25.853(a); U.L. 723, Class “L” low flammability rating (File R 7311)
Application Temperature (°F) >32
General Bond Strength (psi) 41 (oz./in.) Test Method Tensile Strength (psi) 19 (lbs./in.) Test Method
Flame Resistance Flame resistant High Temperature Resistance (°C) 149 Low Temperature Resistance (°C) -54
Elongation (%) 5 Test Method
Shelf Life Details Storage: Store under normal conditions of 60° to 80°F (16° to 27°C) and 40 to 60% R.H. in the original carton., To obtain best performance, use this product within 24 months from date of manufacture. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 60 to 80 Shelf Life Type From date of manufacture Shelf Life (mon) 24
Not Good For
Don't Use For Tape is not intended for medical usage, Neither 3M nor the Food and Drug Administration have evaluated or reviewed this tape for medical application. Don't Use With chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials
Best Practices for 3M 431
Best results attained when applied to clean dry surface above 32°F (0°C).
Comparable Materials for 3M 431
Spec Engine® Results
Questions about this material?
Get personal assistance with your specific application needs.