Application Type Bond, Masking, Seal 1 Part or 2 Part 1 Part Material Form Polyethylene Tape Substrate Steel Industry Electroplating, Printed circuit boards, Many general purpose applications Manufacturer 3M Chemistry Polyethylene, Rubber Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Color black, Blue, Green, Red, Transparent, White, Yellow Relative Solvent Resistance Chemical Resistance: good solvent resistance
Technical Data for 3M 483
1 Part or 2 Part
- 1 Part or 2 Part - 1 Part
- Tape - Polyethylene Tape
- Electronics - Electroplating
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) - Printed circuit boards
- General Purpose - Many general purpose applications
- Other - General sealing of containers., Silicone chip holding., Decorative, safety marking and color coding., Outdoor applications (black colored tape only).
- Other - Polyethylene, Rubber
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
- Clear / Transparent - Transparent
General Bond Strength (psi) 12 (oz./in.) Test Method Tensile Strength (psi) 10 (lbs./in.) Test Method
UV Resistance Excellent
Elongation (%) 300 Test Method Flexibility Remains flexible to -20°F
Shelf Life Details Storage: Store under normal conditions of 60° to 80°F (16° to 27°C) and 40 to 60% R.H. in the original carton. Shelf Life Type From date of manufacture Shelf Life (mon) 18
Best Practices for 3M 483
Comparable Materials for 3M 483
Spec Engine® Results
Questions about this material?
Get personal assistance with your specific application needs.