Application Type Bond, Removable/changeable foam gasketing 1 Part or 2 Part 1 Part Material Form Double coated Tape Substrate Foam, Paper, Plastic, Steel Industry Foils, Point of purchase displays Manufacturer 3M Chemistry Plastic Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Color Clear Relative Solvent Resistance Chemical Resistance: Good High Temperature Resistance (°C) 52
Technical Data for 3M 665
- Gasketing - Removable/changeable foam gasketing
- Adhesive - Bond
1 Part or 2 Part
- 1 Part or 2 Part - 1 Part
- Tape - Double coated Tape
- Electronics - Foils
- Displays - Point of purchase displays
- Packaging - Plastic Packaging, Temporary hold for protective packaging material, such as foam or cardboard, used during shipment of manufactured goods
- Other - Reclosable bags or envelopes, Core starting and end tabbing of papers, foils, and films, Removable stickers and labels, Book inserts, Mounting promotional items, Removable/changeable advertisements
- Other - Plastic
- Dispenser - Simplify manual or automatic dispensing
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
- Clear / Transparent - Clear
Application Temperature (°F) 70 to 100
Peel Strength (piw) 25 (oz./in.), 23 (oz./in.) Test Method
UV Resistance Excellent High Temperature Resistance (°C) 52
Shelf Life Details Storage: Store in original cartons at 70°F (21°C) and 50% relative humidity., If stored under proper conditions, these products retain their performance and properties for two years from date of manufacture. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 70 Shelf Life Type From date of manufacture. Shelf Life (mon) 24
Best Practices for 3M 665
To obtain optimum adhesion, the bonding surfaces must be clean, dry and well unified. Some typical surface cleaning solvents are isopropyl alcohol or heptane.
Note: Carefully read and follow the manufacturer's precautions and directions for use when using solvents.
Bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact developed. Firm application pressure helps develop better adhesive contact and improve bond strength.
Initial tape application to surfaces at temperatures below 50°F (10°C) is not recommended because the adhesive becomes too firm to adhere readily. However, once properly applied, low temperature holding is generally satisfactory. An exception is 3M™ Repositionable Tapes 9425 and 9425HT which can be applied at temperature as low as 32°F (0°C).
Comparable Materials for 3M 665
Spec Engine® Results
Questions about this material?
Get personal assistance with your specific application needs.