Application Type Bond, Masking 1 Part or 2 Part 1 Part Material Form Polyester Tape Substrate Many release coated papers, Steel Industry Splicing many release coated papers, Butt splicing of release treated paper Manufacturer 3M Chemistry Rubber, Silicone Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Color Translucent cream, Translucent cream High Temperature Resistance (°C) High temperature resistance
Technical Data for 3M 8401
1 Part or 2 Part
- 1 Part or 2 Part - 1 Part
- Tape - Polyester Tape
- Splicing - Splicing many release coated papers, Butt splicing of release treated paper
- Other - Temporary holding and masking while providing easy removal.
- Other - Rubber
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
- Translucent - Translucent cream
- Off-White - Translucent cream
Application Temperature (°F) Applications requiring high temperature resistance
General Bond Strength (psi) 22 (oz./in.) Test Method Tensile Strength (psi) 34 (lbs./in.) Test Method
High Temperature Resistance (°C) High temperature resistance
Elongation (%) 100 Test Method
Shelf Life Details Storage: Store under normal conditions of 60° to 80°F (16° to 27°C) and 40 to 50% R.H. in the original carton. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 140 to 176 Shelf Life Type From date of manufacture Shelf Life (mon) 18
Best Practices for 3M 8401
Comparable Materials for 3M 8401
Spec Engine® Results
Questions about this material?
Get personal assistance with your specific application needs.