Chemical Resistance Chemical Resistance: Fair Application Type Bond, Removable/changeable foam gasketing 1 Part or 2 Part 1-Part Material Form Double coated tapes Substrate Acrylic, Paper, Plastics, Foam, Cardboard Industry Foils, Point of purchase displays Manufacturer 3M Chemistry Polyester Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Application Temperature (°F) 158 to 212 Color Translucent High Temperature Resistance (°C) 70
Technical Data for 3M 9415PC
- Chemical Resistance : Relative Solvent Resistance - Fair
- Gasketing - Removable/changeable foam gasketing
- Adhesive - Bond
1 Part or 2 Part
- Tape - Double coated tapes
- Displays - Point of purchase displays
- Electronics - Foils
- Packaging - Plastic Packaging, Temporary hold for protective packaging material, such as foam or cardboard, used during shipment of manufactured goods
- Other - Reclosable bags or envelopes, Core starting and end tabbing of papers, foils, and films, Removable stickers and labels, Book inserts, Mounting promotional items, Removable/changeable advertisements
- Other - Polyester
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
Application Temperature (°F) 158 to 212
General Bond Strength (psi) Very High Peel Strength (piw) 50 (oz./in.), 3 (oz./in) Test Method Shear Strength (psi) High Shear holding power
UV Resistance Good High Temperature Resistance (°C) 70
Shelf Life Details Storage: Store in original cartons at 70°F (21°C) and 50% relative humidity.;If stored under proper conditions, these products retain their performance and properties for two years from date of manufacture. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 70 Shelf Life Type From date of manufacture. Shelf Life (mon) 24
Best Practices for 3M 9415PC
To obtain optimum adhesion, the bonding surfaces must be clean, dry and well unified. Some typical surface cleaning solvents are isopropyl alcohol or heptane.
Note: Carefully read and follow the manufacturer's precautions and directions for use when using solvents.
Bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact developed. Firm application pressure helps develop better adhesive contact and improve bond strength.
Initial tape application to surfaces at temperatures below 50°F (10°C) is not recommended because the adhesive becomes too firm to adhere readily. However, once properly applied, low temperature holding is generally satisfactory. An exception is 3M™ Repositionable Tapes 9425 and 9425HT which can be applied at temperature as low as 32°F (0°C).
The low tack side adhesive side allows for removal without adhesive residue from many films, foils, and papers and will not cause delamination from most paper stock. In many cases this side can be reused numerous times. The user should perform specific tests to determine the product’s suitability for the particular application.
Comparable Materials for 3M 9415PC
Spec Engine® Results