3M 9457 Adhesive Transfer Tape-1 mil
Chemical Resistance Chemical Resistance, Chemical Resistance: Good, Chemical Resistance: Fluid Resistance: Water Resistance Application Type Bond, Laminate 1 Part or 2 Part 1-Part Material Form Transfer Tape Substrate Fabric, Glass, Metals, Paper, Many plastics, Polyester, Steel, Wood, Wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials, Foams, Cardboard, HSE (high surface energy) plastics Industry Foils, Sub-surface graphics printing on polyester films and custom tamper-indicating labels, Splicing of foils, Splicing of films, Splicing of fabrics Manufacturer 3M Chemistry Acrylic Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Application Temperature (°F) 70 to 100 Color Clear High Temperature Resistance (°C) 121, 82 Key Specifications Mil-Spec (United States Military Standard): P-19834B: U.S. Government specification MIL-P-19834B, Type I
Technical Data for 3M 9457 Adhesive Transfer Tape-1 mil
- Chemical Resistance : Fluid Resistance : Water Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- Chemical Resistance : Relative Solvent Resistance - Good
- Adhesive - Bond
1 Part or 2 Part
- Tape - Transfer Tape
- Electronics - Foils
- Splicing - Splicing of foils, Splicing of films, Splicing of fabrics
- Printing and Graphics - Sub-surface graphics printing on polyester films and custom tamper-indicating labels
- Other - Attaching metal nameplate, Mounting promotional items, posters, Core starting, Laminating adhesive for foams, photos, High-speed flying splices on most grades of paper, Attaching plastic nameplate
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
- Clear / Transparent - Clear
- Mil-Spec (United States Military Standard) : P-19834B : Type 1 - U.S. Government specification MIL-P-19834B, Type I
Application Temperature (°F) 70 to 100
General Bond Strength (psi) 25 (oz./in.) Test Method
UV Resistance Excellent High Temperature Resistance (°C) 121, 82
Shelf Life Details Storage: Store under normal conditions of 70°F (21°C) and 50% relative humidty., To obtain best performance, use product within two years from date of manufacture. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 70 Shelf Life Type From date of manufacture. Shelf Life (mon) 24
Best Practices for 3M 9457 Adhesive Transfer Tape-1 mil
To obtain optimum adhesion, the bonding surfaces must be clean, dry, and well unified. Some typical surface cleaning solvents are isopropyl alcohol or heptane.
Be sure to follow manufacturer’s safety precautions and directions for use when using solvents.
Bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact developed. Firm application pressure helps develop better adhesive contact and improve bond strength.
Initial tape application to surfaces at temperatures below 50°F (10°C) is not recommended because the adhesive becomes too firm to adhere readily. However, once properly applied, low temperature holding is generally satisfactory.
Comparable Materials for 3M 9457 Adhesive Transfer Tape-1 mil
Spec Engine® Results