Application Type Bond, Gasket 1 Part or 2 Part 2 Part Material Form Liquid Substrate Most porous substrates, Polylolefin foams, Polyester films, PVC, Rubber, Wood, Most plastic laminating films, Sheet metal surfaces, Low surface energy substrates, Plastics, Foils Industry Marine, Belt splicing, Flooring installation, Aerospace applications, Automotive applications, Door panels, Hypalon rubber boat repair, Newsprint splicing Manufacturer Bostik Chemistry Water borne, MEK blend Cure Method 2 Parts, Solvent Creep Resistance Creep resistant Chemical Resistance Good High Temperature Resistance (°C) Highly heat resistant Durability Tough Tape Backing/Carrier Vinyl
Technical Data for Bostik L7132K
- Gasketing - Gasket
- Adhesive - Bond
1 Part or 2 Part
- 1 Part or 2 Part - 2 Part
- Porous Substrates - Most porous substrates
- Foam - Polylolefin foams
- Low Surface Energy - Low surface energy substrates
- Metal - Sheet metal surfaces, Foils
- Plastic - Most plastic laminating films, Plastics
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) - PVC
- Polyester - Polyester films
- Other - Fiberboard, Cellulosics, Particle board
- Marine - Hypalon rubber boat repair
- Automotive - Automotive applications
- Aerospace - Aerospace applications
- Industrial - Consoles
- Splicing - Belt splicing, Newsprint splicing
- Construction - Honeycomb sidewalls in the construction of cabin interiors, Vacuum form construction of PVC coated luggage shells
- Flooring - Flooring installation
- Construction Door - Door panels
- Furniture / Wood-Working - Production of decorative furniture facings
- Other - Cabinet lamination, Carpet bonding, Vacuum form bonding, A variety of application processes, Dashboards, Other interior trim
- Roll - Direct roll, Reverse roll
- Other - Gravure, Any coater
- 2-Part Cure - 2 Parts
Work / Pot Time (min) 480 Mix Ratio 1:16
General Bond Strength (psi) Good Green Strength (psi) High
Creep Resistance Creep resistant Chemical Resistance Good High Temperature Resistance (°C) Highly heat resistant
Durability Tough Flexibility Resilient
Shelf Life Details The shelf life of L7132K is six months when stored at 55-80°F (15-27°C) in unopened factory sealed containers. Once the two-part system is blended, it has a pot life of eight hours., Boscodur 24T should be stored in a sealed container. Once opened it should be nitrogen purged to prevent contamination from moisture in the air. L7132R has a shelf life of at least 9 months if stored in an unopened container. Do not freeze. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 55 to 80 Shelf Life (mon) 6, 9
Best Practices for Bostik L7132K
Adhesive can be applied via direct roll, reverse roll, gravure, or any coater common to the industry. This adhesive can also be sprayed.
Apply 100-150 g/m² (wet) adhesive to the least porous laminating surface and evaporate the solvent by standard drying techniques. Mate the secondary substrate under pressure at 110-212°F (41-100°C).
Boscodur 24T should be added to L7132R in accordance with the mixing ratio (1:16) and blended to a homogenous solution (solvent dilutions, where applicable, should be made immediately after the Boscodur 24T addition).
To cure the part, the adhesive should be held at a minimum of 190°F (88°C) for at least 4 minutes. Vacuum pressure should be held at a minimum of 15 in Hg (51 kPa), 20 in HG (68 kPa) is preferred.
Recommended clean up is with MEK/Toluene solution.
Comparable Materials for Bostik L7132K
Spec Engine® Results
Questions about this material?
Get personal assistance with your specific application needs.