Devcon (ITW) Plastic Welder
Chemical Resistance Acetic (Dilute) 10%, Ammonia, Antifreeze, Cutting Oil, Gasoline, Glycols, Hydrochloric 10%, Mineral Spirits, Motor Oil, Sodium Hypochlorite, Sulfuric 10% Application Type Bond 1 Part or 2 Part 2-Part Material Form Liquid Substrate Galvanized metal, Engineered plastics, Polycarb, RIM urethane, PVC, Wood, Stainless Steel, Fiberglass, Epoxy, Galvanized metal, Polyester(PBT), ABS, Noryl, PBT, PPO, Valox Industry Electrical Manufacturer Devcon (ITW) Chemistry Methacrylate, Toughened Cure Method Adhesive/Activator Cure Temperature (°C) 20 to 25, 24 Cure Time (min) 10,080, 45 to 60, 1,440 Viscosity (cPs) Non-sagging, 50,000 Color Straw High Temperature Resistance (°C) 121 Low Temperature Resistance (°C) -55 Density (g/cm³) 8.20 (lbs/gal), .98 (gm/cc) Key Specifications UL 746C
Technical Data for Devcon (ITW) Plastic Welder
- Chemical Resistance - Acetic (Dilute) 10%, Ammonia, Antifreeze, Cutting Oil, Gasoline, Glycols, Hydrochloric 10%, Mineral Spirits, Motor Oil, Sodium Hypochlorite, Sulfuric 10%
- Adhesive - Bond
1 Part or 2 Part
- Metal - Galvanized metal
- Galvanized - Galvanized metal
- Plastic - Engineered plastics, Noryl, PPO, Valox
- Polycarbonate - Polycarb
- Polyurethane - RIM urethane
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) - PVC
- Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT) - Polyester(PBT), PBT
- Stainless Steel
- Other - FRT, GTX, Lomod, Metton, PCBB, Poorly prepared surfaces, PPO, GBS
- Acrylic - Methacrylate
- 2-Part Cure - Adhesive/Activator
- Yellow - Straw
- UL (Underwriters Laboratory), ULC (Underwriters Laboratories of Canada), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) - UL 746C
Cure Temperature (°C) 20 to 25, 24 Cure Time (min) 10,080, 45 to 60, 1,440 Viscosity (cPs) Non-sagging, 50,000 Fixture or Handling Strength Time (min) Rapid, 10 to 15 Test Method Work / Pot Time (min) 4.00 to 6 Test Method Mix Ratio 1:1 (by volume), 1:1 (by weight)
Structural/Load-Bearing Toughened structural, Load-Bearing Peel Strength (piw) 35 to 40 (pli) Test Method Tensile Strength (psi) 1,300, 3,500, 1,400 Test Method
High Temperature Resistance (°C) 121 Impact Resistance Impact resistance Test Method Low Temperature Resistance (°C) -55
Shore D Hardness 78 Test Method Elongation (%) 15 to 25 Test Method
Flash Point (°F) 51.0 % Solids (%) 100 Test Method Density (g/cm³) 8.20 (lbs/gal), .98 (gm/cc) Specific Volume (mm³) 28.1 (in/lb.) Test Method
Shelf Life Details Store between 55°F and 75°. Continuous storage above 75°F, reduces the shelf life of the materials. Prolonged exposure above 100°F quickly diminishes the products reactivity, and should be avoided. Shelf life can be extended by refrigeration between 45°Ff and 55°F. DO NOT FREEZE., Store in a cool, dry place. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 55 to 75
Best Practices for Devcon (ITW) Plastic Welder
Clean surface by solvent-wiping any deposits of heavy grease, oil, dirt, or other contaminants. Surface can also be cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapor phase degreasers or hot aqueous baths. If working with metal, abrade or roughen the surface to significantly increase the microscopic bond area and optimize the bond strength.
1. Apply mixed product directly to one surface in an even film or as a bead.
2. Assemble with mating part within recommended working time.
3. Apply firm pressure between mating parts to minimize any gap and ensure good contact (a small fillet of product should flow out the edges to display adequate gap fill.)
4. Bond line thickness of mixed adhesive should be @ .015”-.030” for optimum adhesion.
For very large gaps: - 1. Apply product to both surfaces
2. Spread to cover entire area OR make a bead pattern to allow flow throughout the joint.
Let bonded assemblies stand for recommended functional cure time prior to handling.
CAPABILITIES: Can withstand processing forces
Do not drop, shock load, or heavily load
Proper homogenous mixing of resin and hardener is essential for the curing and development of stated strengths.
25 ML DEV-TUBE - 1. Squeeze material into a small container the size of an ashtray.
2. Using mixing stick included on Dev-tube handle, vigorously mix components for one (1) minute.
3. Immediately apply to substrate.
35ML/50 ML/250 ML/380 ML/400 ML CARTRIDGES 1. Attach cartridge to Mark V™ [50ml], 380ml, 250ml [15:1 caulk gun], or 400ml dispensing systems [manual or pneumatic].
2. Open tip.
3. Burp cartridge by squeezing out some material until both sides are uniform (ensures no air bubbles are present during mixing).
4. Attach mix nozzle to end of cartridge.
5. Apply to substrate.
Comparable Materials for Devcon (ITW) Plastic Welder
Spec Engine® Results
Using LOCTITE® 454™ is a Valid Option for Engineers Working with a Wide Variety of MaterialsRead Article
Sylgard 184 by DOW is the Top Choice for a Transparent, Silicone Encapsulant. Read Why:Read Article
Fixture or Handling Strength Time Test Methods
|Fixture or Handling Strength Time||Fixture-Handling Strength Test Method||Fixture-Handling Strength Time Temperature|
|Rapid||Rapid fixture in thin set|
|10 to 15 min||22°C|
Work / Pot Time Test Methods
|Work / Pot Time||Temperature|
|4.00 to 6 min||22°C|
Peel Strength Test Methods
|Peel Strength||Type||Cure Time||Cure Temperature||Test Method|
|35 to 40 (pli)||T-peel strength||10,080 min||24°C||ASTM D 1876|
Tensile Strength Test Methods
|Tensile Strength||Cure Time||Cure Temperature||Substrate||Test Method|
|1,300 psi||10,080 min||24°C||ABS||ASTM D 1002|
|3,500 psi||10,080 min||24°C||GBS||ASTM D 1002|
|1,400 psi||10,080 min||24°C||Polycarb||ASTM D 1002|
Impact Resistance Test Methods
|Impact Resistance||Test Method|
|Impact resistance||ASTM D 950|
Elongation Test Methods
|15 to 25 %||Cured 7 days @ 75° F, Tensile Elongation|
Shore D Hardness Test Methods
|Shore D Hardness||Shore Hardness Test Method||Hardness Temperature|
|78||ASTM D 2240, Cured 7 days @ 75° F||24°C|
% Solids Test Methods
|% Solids||Test Method|
|100 %||Cured 7 days @ 75° F, by Volume|
Specific Volume Test Methods
|Specific Volume||Temperature||Test Method|
|28.1 (in/lb.)||24°C||Cured 7 days @ 75° F|