Dupont Molykote 316 Silicone Release Spray
Application Type Release agent 1 Part or 2 Part 1-Part Material Form Aerosol Substrate Glass, Metal, Gummy woods, Stainless-steel, Non-ferrous metals Industry Coils, Reduces adhesion of residues on heating coils, Beverage, Sliding doors, Food and beverage Manufacturer Dupont Chemistry Silicone Cure Method Heat Color Clear Density (g/cm³) 0.75 (g/mL) Key Specifications FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration) and/or CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency): Meets FDA 21 CFR 175.300 regulations
Technical Data for Dupont Molykote 316 Silicone Release Spray
- Release Agent
1 Part or 2 Part
- Food & Beverage - Beverage, Food and beverage
- Coils - Reduces adhesion of residues on heating coils
- Industrial - Industrial applications
- Appliances - Reduces adhesion of residues on cooking kettles, Removal of dried food from stove burners and ovens
- Construction Door - Sliding doors
- Furniture / Wood-Working - Cleaning countertops
- Other - A wide range of sticking or adhesion problems, Preheater tubes, Evaporator, Helps prevent seizing and jam-ups of scrambler tables, Helps prevent seizing and jam-ups of conveyor guide rails , Cleaning stainless-steel fixtures, Glass-frosting equipment, High-speed rotary letterpress printing, Reduces sticking of conveyors, pulleys, and valves, Bindery industry, Flexography applications
- Brush - Hand buffer
- Clear / Transparent - Clear
- FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration) and/or CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) : 175.3 - Meets FDA 21 CFR 175.300 regulations
Dry Time (min) 3.00
Flash Point (°F) 17.6 Test Method Density (g/cm³) 0.75 (g/mL) Test Method
Shelf Life Details When stored at or below 35°C (95°F), MOLYKOTE® 316 Silicone Release Spray has a shelf life of 720 days from date of manufacture. Refer to product packaging for “Use By” date. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) <95 Shelf Life Type From date of manufacture Shelf Life (mon) 24
Not Good For
Don't Use With Surfaces that will later be painted
Best Practices for Dupont Molykote 316 Silicone Release Spray
MOLYKOTE® 316 Silicone Release Spray should be applied to clean surfaces. Clean off any surface residue with a fine emery cloth or scouring powder until the surface is shiny
then, wipe with a clean cloth moistened with solvent to remove dirt and abrasive particles.
Methods of application vary, depending upon the size, accessibility, and complexity of the unit to be processed or packaged. Usually, MOLYKOTE® 316 Silicone Release Spray is sprayed in a light film.
MOLYKOTE® 316 Silicone Release Spray can also be buffed onto metal surfaces with a hand buffer. Only a thin film is needed for effective release. This film should be restored as required.
Freshly cleaned heat-sealing units, such as irons and bars, should be broken in at full operating temperature for a short period after applying MOLYKOTE® 316 Silicone Release Spray. After any excess has been wiped off, the unit is ready for use.
Approximately three minutes of drying time should be allowed.
Comparable Materials for Dupont Molykote 316 Silicone Release Spray
Spec Engine® Results
Closest Results from this Manufacturer