Application Type Seal 1 Part or 2 Part 1 Part Material Form Paste Substrate Ceramic mosaics, Brick pavers, Ceramic tile, Cultured marble, Dimension stone, Granite, Quarry tile, Slate, Structural glazed tile Manufacturer Bostik Chemistry Polymer Cure Method Air dry Color Char black, Jamoca, DeLorean Gray, Classic Bone, Natural, Champagne, Antique White, Champagne, French Gray, Kahlua Cream, Classic Bone, Sandstone, Misty Gray, Linen, Linen, Mobe Pearl, Mobe Pearl, Mobe Pearl, Silver Bullet, Sandstone, white, Taupe Other Resistance Freeze thaw Key Specifications ANSI (American National Standards Institute): A118.6: ANSI A118.6 H-4; ANSI A118.7, ANSI (American National Standards Institute): ANSI A118.6 H-4; ANSI A118.7, Mil-Spec (United States Military Standard): Army Corps of Engineers specification
Technical Data for Bostik Hydroment Plus Polymer-Modified Ceramic Tile Grout
- Sealant - Seal
1 Part or 2 Part
- 1 Part or 2 Part - 1 Part
- Ceramic - Ceramic mosaics, Ceramic tile
- Stone - Brick pavers, Cultured marble, Dimension stone, Granite, Quarry tile, Slate, Structural glazed tile
- Other - Porcelain
- Other - Polymer
- Dispenser - Rubber grout float
- Room Temperature / Air Dry - Air dry
- Black - Char black
- Brown - Jamoca
- Clear / Transparent - Champagne
- Gray - DeLorean Gray, French Gray, Misty Gray, Mobe Pearl, Silver Bullet, Taupe
- Off-White - Classic Bone, Kahlua Cream, Linen, Mobe Pearl, Sandstone
- White - Antique White, Classic Bone, Linen, Mobe Pearl
- Yellow - Champagne, Sandstone
- Other - Natural
- ANSI (American National Standards Institute): A118.6: H-4 - ANSI A118.6 H-4; ANSI A118.7
- ANSI (American National Standards Institute): A118.7 - ANSI A118.6 H-4; ANSI A118.7
- Mil-Spec (United States Military Standard): Army Corps of Engineers specification
Set Time (min) Fast, 60 to 180, 180 to 480 Test Method Work / Pot Time (min) 60
General Bond Strength (psi) High early Compressive Strength (psi) 2,000, 3,000, 5,000 Test Method
Other Resistance Freeze thaw
Shore D Hardness Superior
% Solids (%) 100
Shelf Life Details Store in a clean, dry area not affected by freezing or hot temperatures. Store opened containers in a plastic bag to extend shelf life. Shelf life is one year from date of manufacturing. Shelf Life Type From date of manufacturing Shelf Life (mon) 12
Best Practices for Bostik Hydroment Plus Polymer-Modified Ceramic Tile Grout
Ensure tile is firmly set and mortar completely dry EY487before grouting. Remove all spacers, debris or adhesive from tile joints. Application of a grout release agent may be necessary to prevent staining of tile. NOTE: It is the user’s responsibility to determine the condition and suitability of all surfaces before application.
Lightly moisten tile with a clean, damp sponge before grouting. Spread grout over face of the tile using a rubber grout float. Work grout back and forth at a 45° angle to the face of the tile to ensure complete filling of joints. Remove excess grout by holding rubber float at a 90° angle working diagonally across face of the tile.
In a clean pail add 25 lbs. of grout to a 1/2 gallon of clean potable water. Mix only with water. Mix slowly to a smooth, paste-like consistency. Let stand for 15 minutes and remix to eliminate streaks and ensure uniform color. Grout can be re-mixed during its pot life for improved workability. DO NOT RETEMPER BY ADDING MORE WATER.
Remove excess Hydroment Plus polymer-modified grout from hands and tools with a sponge and clean water immediately after use. Removal of cured grout is very difficult.
Comparable Materials for Bostik Hydroment Plus Polymer-Modified Ceramic Tile Grout
Spec Engine® Results
Questions about this material?
Get personal assistance with your specific application needs.