3M Splicing Tape 9499
Chemical Resistance Chemical Resistance: Good Solvent Resistance Application Type Bond Material Form Tape Substrate Steel Industry Ideal for zero speed automatic splicing, For printers who require especially high drying temperatures, For printers who utilize long ovens Manufacturer 3M Chemistry Acrylic Cure Method Pressure Sensitive Application Temperature (°F) 70 to 100 Single Sided Single sided High Temperature Resistance (°C) Good high temperature resistance, High air heat (oven) resistance, 149, 260
Technical Data for 3M Splicing Tape 9499
- Chemical Resistance : Relative Solvent Resistance - Good Solvent Resistance
- Adhesive - Bond
- Splicing - Ideal for zero speed automatic splicing
- Printing and Graphics - For printers who require especially high drying temperatures, For printers who utilize long ovens
- Pressure Sensitive (min) - Pressure Sensitive
Application Temperature (°F) 70 to 100
General Bond Strength (psi) 45 oz./in. Test Method Peel Strength (piw) 45 oz/in Test Method
Single Sided Single sided
UV Resistance Excellent UV Resistance High Temperature Resistance (°C) Good high temperature resistance, High air heat (oven) resistance, 149, 260
Shelf Life Details Storage: Store in original cartons at 70°F (21°C) and 50% relative humidity., 24 months from date of manufacture Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 70 Shelf Life Type From date of manufacture. Shelf Life (mon) 24
Best Practices for 3M Splicing Tape 9499
To obtain optimum adhesion, the bonding surfaces must be clean, dry, and well unified.
Bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact developed. Firm application pressure helps develop better adhesive contact and improve bond strength.
• Ideal tape application temperature range is 70°F to 100°F (21°C to 38°C). Initial tape application to surfaces at temperatures below 50°F (10°C) is not recommended because the adhesive becomes too firm to adhere readily. However, once properly applied, low temperature holding is generally satisfactory.
Comparable Materials for 3M Splicing Tape 9499
Spec Engine® Results