Sika Everbuild Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner
Brand Everbuild Application Type Cleaner, Cleaner 1 Part or 2 Part 1-Part Material Form Aerosol Substrate PU foams, Foam, PU foams Manufacturer Sika Chemistry Containing a solvent Cure Method Solvent
Technical Data for Sika Everbuild Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner
- Cleaner – For Substrates - Cleaner, Cleaner
1 Part or 2 Part
- Foam - PU foams
- Polyurethane - PU foams
- Other - Most building substrates
- Other - Cleaning spilt PU foam from surrounding areas, Cleaning PU foams from guns, Cleaning PU foams from nozzles
- Solvent-Based - Containing a solvent
- Spray - Spray nozzle
- Other - Gun foam applicators
Shelf Life Details Use within 12 months; Store in cool dry conditions between + 5°C and 25°C. Shelf Life Temperature (°F) 41 to 77 Shelf Life (mon) <12
Best Practices for Sika Everbuild Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner
When cleaning spilt/excess foam, ensure surrounding areas are protected with impervious masking tape to prevent attack by the solvents in this product.
1. Gun foam may be left attached to a gun for a max-imum of 7 days after use. If left for longer, there is a risk of the foam curing from the nozzle inwards or propellant leaking out. If foam is left attached to the gun, spray EVERBUILD® Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner over the outside of the discharge nozzle be-fore storage to remove any residues which may seize up the valve.
2. When you have finished using foam on a project, and do not intend to use the gun again within 7 days, remove the foam can (CARE – GLOVES/GOGGLES). When you have read the usage/safety instructions on the can, attach EVERBUILD® Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner to your gun by screwing the canister onto the gun adapter until it will go no further, taking care not to cross thread or over tighten the canister. Pull the trigger on the gun to release the solvent into the gun barrel and dis-charge the solvent into a suitable container for dis-posal. Only stop discharging the cleaner when the solution being ejected from the gun is completely clear. Leave the EVERBUILD® Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner attached to the gun for 5 minutes to allow the solvent in the gun to work on the residues in-side. Pull the trigger once again until only clear solvent emerges. Leave for a further 5 minutes and repeat this process 2 or 3 times until the gun is com-pletely clear.
The following directions will also help prolong the lifeof your gun.: When replacing empty foam can with a full one, al-ways clean the threaded adapter ring on the gun with EVERBUILD® Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner.
Never dismantle a gun.
Never try to clean a gun with water. This will cure the foam instantly and leave the gun useless.
When using DIY grades, attach free red nozzle to foam cleaner and squirt foam down plastic nozzle un-til clean.
If foam in a gun is allowed to cure, the gun will be-come completely useless, as no solvent will dissolve PU Foam once cured.
Comparable Materials for Sika Everbuild Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner
Spec Engine® Results
Closest Results from this Manufacturer